Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2016 1:56 pm  #1

Error Messages

I'm now getting a bunch of error messages indicating privilege issues on the Expedition Data folder.  Has anyone else seen this?  I vaguely remember it being mentioned in the past.

What is the best way to fix it?  (Windows 7)

4/13/2016 2:48 pm  #2

Re: Error Messages

Have you changed users? Probably Expedition has lost access to the data folder.

4/13/2016 2:51 pm  #3

How do we make a new forum topic? 
 ​There should be one called Questions

4/13/2016 3:36 pm  #4

Done. New subforum called Technical Q&A.  This should not be about features or usage of the software but about technical problems such as installation issues, errors and bugs.

4/13/2016 3:38 pm  #5

Nick wrote:

Have you changed users? Probably Expedition has lost access to the data folder.

No I'm still using the same user.  I have installed the latest versions as they have been released.  This happened in the last week or so.  I cant think of anything else that has changed.

4/13/2016 4:31 pm  #6

The same thing happened to DuncanR on this forum a week or three ago. ​You can either delete the folder or manually give yourself privileges to it again.

4/13/2016 6:01 pm  #7

So, I copied the Expedition folder to Expedition.backup.  And deleted the original folder.  I then ran the Expedition installer and it entered Repair mode.  I then copied files from Expedition.backup into Expedition - marks.dat, Expedition.mdb, charts.dat  and most importantly license.dat

I then copied all of my polars files from the backup folder to expedition/polars.

I started Expedition and everything came up peachy.  I'm still checking to see if I am missing anything else.  If I am I'll copy across from the backup also.

So that's the solution, not elegant, but a result nonetheless.

4/13/2016 6:21 pm  #8

I would try changing the permission ​Right-click, select Properties, then the Security tab

4/13/2016 7:46 pm  #9

I had a very similar problem which appeared to be triggered by a change from Win 7 to Win 10.  That required access permissions to be reset for the Expedition folder.
It may be a different Widows patch that actually triggered the problem.

Cheers

Board footera