Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/23/2020 9:15 am  #1

Cumulative distance from log file

Good Day!, is there a way to obtain cumulative distance sailed from a log file directly in expedition (I have seen recommendations to convert the log file to a kml file and use other software).  Similar to the 24 hour run tool but for an entire trip.

Thanks!

8/25/2020 8:23 pm  #2

Re: Cumulative distance from log file

CP, the only way I have worked to do that in Expedition is to have LOG BSP or LOG SOG recorded into your logfile, then insert wands at start and finish on Stripchart and read off the number.  There is a trick however, for the count to be accurate you have to have both start and finish visible on the screen simultaneously, otherwise the numbers aren't accurate.  And if you have a 6 day logfile, you can't show it all on a stripchart and ping the start and finish wands accurately.
So I do that calc in KND RR.
Cheers

8/27/2020 8:16 am  #3

Thanks Duncan, next question then how do I get LOG BSP or SOG recorded into the log file, is there a way to customize what is logged and what is not?  

8/27/2020 3:35 pm  #4

It isn't saved in the log file, but you should be able to use the Extract Log Data function to do it.

8/27/2020 11:04 pm  #5

I haven't seen that function before, will have to try it.
Nick, I was thinking you could bring B&G's TripLog data field over as a User field and use that?  And I haven't tried, as I said above I do this bit inside KND RR.

Board footera