Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/16/2020 2:31 am  #1

Channel Mapping

Hello all,
I’m new to Expedition and cannot find a guide to channel mapping. Is there a procedure written down somewhere? I know it’s an external channel thing, but how specifically do I get a value from the laptop running expedition to a H5000 race display. I am specifically trying to get a custom value (in this case, forestay load targets) from the polar tables to the display. Can someone walk me through the procedure? The external channels, remote channels, user channels stuff is confusing the hell out of me. H5000 Performance CPU on NMEA 2000 backbone with Ethernet connection to laptop via MikroTik routerboard. Thanks so much!
-John

7/16/2020 1:34 pm  #2

Re: Channel Mapping

I presume you are using the H5000 Websocket connection.

Ignore the Expedition's User channels. They are mostly for people to write data to.

1. Go to the network connection settings page for the H5000 in Expedition.
2. Click the B&G H5000 WebSocket settings button near the bottom right of the window.
3. This will show another window. You can select Expedition channels to send to B&G External on the Custom page.

5/06/2022 12:46 pm  #3

I am trying to send data from Expedition to one of my 20/20s. I have H5000 Hercules and can receive data from the CPU to Expedition with no problem. I have also sent Polars from Expedition to the H5000
However...when trying to send data from Expedition to one of the 20/20's:
on Expedition i go to websocket and then select Custom as noted above. Then i have tried e.g "external 2" to send data to the 20/20
on the 20/20 i have tried both "user 2 or "remote 2" in both cases i get the response on the 20/20 " User 2 "OFF"  (or remote 2 OFF).  If I select other data on the 20/20 that is coming directly from the H5000 the 20/20 works fine.
What am i doing wrong?
Thanks for any input on this mapping question
Tom

5/09/2022 11:54 pm  #4

Finale wrote:

I am trying to send data from Expedition to one of my 20/20s. I have H5000 Hercules and can receive data from the CPU to Expedition with no problem. I have also sent Polars from Expedition to the H5000
However...when trying to send data from Expedition to one of the 20/20's:
on Expedition i go to websocket and then select Custom as noted above. Then i have tried e.g "external 2" to send data to the 20/20
on the 20/20 i have tried both "user 2 or "remote 2" in both cases i get the response on the 20/20 " User 2 "OFF"  (or remote 2 OFF).  If I select other data on the 20/20 that is coming directly from the H5000 the 20/20 works fine.
What am i doing wrong?
Thanks for any input on this mapping question
Tom

Can you see the channel on a GFD?

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

Board footera