Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2020 8:03 am  #1

Best way to upgrade hardware

I’m looking for thoughts and ideas about the best way to upgrade hardware and keep Expedition running.  I recently upgraded the HDD to a SSD.  Very nice performance bump, BTW.

My plan was to do this change and reinstall Expedition as I have in the past by downloading the latest version and getting a new license key for essentially the same, original Expedition license.  When I realized that the only version available was the latest version requiring a $250 charge, I found myself in limbo without a working version of Expedition.

I would appreciate thoughts and comments on how I solve my dilemma.

6/15/2020 12:31 pm  #2

Re: Best way to upgrade hardware

Email me, I can give you the last Expedition as in the previous email.

7/08/2020 6:59 pm  #3

Nick, back with another question.  I"m finally back from other activities and trying to use the copy you sent (10.14.5) for my recovery from replacing my HDD with a SSD.  I thought all was well, but there are anomalies.  None of the data files are populated (eg: polars), and the only tab I see is the user tab, which means that marks, start, etc are missing or I don;t know how to get them to display in this version.  Am I doing something stupid or did the download get contaminated?  Our Mac is this weekend (only 100+ boats) but I want to track the race.  Please advise how to recover.  Thx, pjl

7/08/2020 8:05 pm  #4

You will have selected Vesper mode in Expedition's system settings

7/09/2020 8:10 am  #5

Thx Nick, too easy and I have no idea why I did that!

pjl

12/26/2023 11:35 am  #6

I've been running Expedition on my home PC and I recently upgraded it by cloning my HDD to a SSD, so now the new SSD is C: and the original untouched HDD is listed as drive F:. My licensed copy of Expedition which was running fine before the drive upgrade, now gives me a 'bad license key' error when I try to run it from either the new SSD drive or the original HDD. I'd prefer to run Expedition from the new SSD, but I would settle for running it from either drive and I'm looking for some technical guidance to get past this license key error so I can get back to using the full featured product. Thanks. 

12/26/2023 1:04 pm  #7

The computer hardware has changed, so the Exp site code has probably changed. Just email he new site code ...

Board footera