Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/27/2016 9:43 am  #1

S-57 ENC Charts

I've just updated my computer and finally have one capable of running the complete set of NOAA vector charts (as opposed to the bsb raster, which seem to require less memory for some reason). ​Anyway, I'm completely impressed with some of the capabilities of the S-57 charts. But I do have some reservations. Even with all the S-57 options checked in "settings," there is some important detail missing from the charts. This is particularly evident when comparing an S-57 chart in Expedition to the same chart area on NOAA ENC Online. Most notably, I have not been able to get the S-57 charts in Expedition to display any names for land objects or bodies of waters. It will display the names for marks and buoys, which is helpful. But without the other names, I find myself constantly having to refer back to a C-Map chart or raster chart in order to get my bearings. Does anyone know if I'm overlooking something. Or is there just no option to display land and water names?

12/24/2016 3:06 pm  #2

Re: S-57 ENC Charts

Looking for a website that I can purchase/download (no CD's) ENC or Raster charts for Eastern Australia & Tasmania that I can use with Expedition. Any help appreciated.

12/24/2016 8:40 pm  #3

Re: S-57 ENC Charts

The easy option are the C-Map 4D charts. You need to install the C-Map maps manager, then they are available online from within Exp. Sometimes the download can be large though.

Board footera