Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2019 6:43 am  #1

System Restore application use

Recently I have trouble with Expedition crashing frequently. I understand it's often recommended to use the System Restore application to resolve symptoms like this. I am not sure how to do this. There are a lot of Delete options in the program and then an OK button. I click OK button but don't think anything happens, so I assume I have choose some/all of these delete options. Can anyone give some pointers for the procedure for this? I don't see any options for restoring my information in this program either, and don't notice any options in Expedition for restoring from a backup.

I did check the help file and the forums looking for a procedure or pointers from others but didn't notice anything. Thanks for any advice,

9/04/2019 12:50 pm  #2

Re: System Restore application use

You need to have closed any other Exp settings.

It can be used to reset things back to the beginning in case something has got messed up. Mostly it is useful to delete settings saved in Windows registry.

Almost all Exp data is saved in the Expedition data folder. You can manually delete items such as charts.dat, images.dat, marks.dat, optimal2.dat, /states/ etc

Board footera