Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/15/2019 11:38 am  #1

H3000 XDR Heel and Trim not working

I have a H3000 hydra processor  using a serial interface  directly connect to the processor, all works fine expect for the Heel and trim which I can't get to work. It looks like the sentence send out the wrong checksum.  The sentence is $IIXDR,A,-0.2,D,HEEL,A,-0.1,D,TRIM,A,13.0,D,RUDDER*4E recorded straight out oof the processor.  if run it past a checksum check the checksum should be *66 . I can't change this in the H3000,  is their any way of ignoring the checksum or customizing the checksum field for sentence that our out of bound? 

I would realy like to record Heel and trim for performance purpose and be able to send out target heel bank to the CPU.

thx

Last edited by rogier (7/15/2019 11:40 am)

7/15/2019 1:10 pm  #2

Re: H3000 XDR Heel and Trim not working

That works as expected. Have you told Exp to receive the XDR sentence?

7/16/2019 1:09 pm  #3

Setting are H3000 Hydra with XDR sentence on, selected Heel, selected rudder in the XDR section of the nmea setting. Any where else where I need to set the XDR setup?

7/16/2019 1:24 pm  #4

Did you also select Roll/heel and Trim/pitch?

As well as each XDR option on the right, there is a global XDR checkbox on the left of the NMEA page.

7/16/2019 2:41 pm  #5

On the selected NMEA sentence to recieve XDR is on and in the middle section Roll/Heel, Rudder and Trim/Pitch are selected. Data selected in the number boxes is "Heel (Roll)" 
When i had the system connected to a H3000 Hercules Performance using Hlink heel was showing, this is a different boat with a H3000 Hercules so i can't use Hlink but have to use NMEA and I see the sentence coming in just not displaying.

I have enable heel and trim in the H3000_config.txt, not in the H2000_config.txt, could this be related? The input is NMEA not Hlink?

Last edited by rogier (7/16/2019 2:51 pm)

7/16/2019 3:09 pm  #6

The H3000_config file is just for HLink.

I presume you are using a recent Exp release?

Maybe mail me a screen image of the NMEA settings page and a sample from raw data?

Board footera