Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/10/2019 11:35 am  #1

merge/overlay polars

Hi

TL/DR: is there a way to merge several polars, or overlay them so I can compare them?

longer version: I have an Oceanis 411 Performance. We upgraded by adding a bowsprit and code0, and considering a used A-spi. Beneteau itself has not sold a spi with this boat. Also my genua is smaller than the factory one.

I have a polar (in jpeg) from the manufacturers website, one I found on the web, and several I got from the ORC website. We did a few races with iRegatta, and we found we can exceed them, but then we calibrated the speed paddles... :D 

I know the best would be to run some proper tests, but we have a novice crew, not much time, and on a lake where winds change every minute, so I would really like to utilize the ones I have already have. I have played around in excel, trying to see the difference, but then I saw expedition can store more polars in Pol5-6-7. I tried looking the function of these in the manual, and couldnt found it. Can I load my 'other' polars and merge them or have them ready?
thank you
Balazs

7/10/2019 12:41 pm  #2

Re: merge/overlay polars

Unfortunately, I can't think of a way.

7/10/2019 12:47 pm  #3

Re: merge/overlay polars

Thank you. Can you tell me what is the purpose of Pol5-Pol8? I looked thru the manual and did not found it.

Board footera