Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/08/2019 1:49 pm  #1

Predictwind issues

the first time I tried getting predictwind gribs, it worked fine.  Now, it says "server capacity reached" every time I try to get the GFS, PWG, or PWE grib files.  anyone else see this before?

7/08/2019 2:32 pm  #2

Re: Predictwind issues

Which areas?

We had a recent bug with PW so you might have that. Fixed now.

Btw, Saildocs and the Expedition eGrib server are the best sources for GFS. Saildocs makes its data available slightly earlier, but Exp has hourly GFS data.

For global data, the ICON model in Exp is also worth looking at.

Last edited by Nick (7/08/2019 2:33 pm)

7/09/2019 5:46 am  #3

Thanks for the reply.  The area is Lake Michigan.  The Predictwind is still not working, and when I use eGrib area, I get "requested URL not found"  Saildocs seems to work, and the Great Lakes forecast works in My grib. 

7/10/2019 7:06 am  #4

I am having similar issues attempting to download any version of the GFS from NOAA. All error out with "Requested URL not found".

7/10/2019 3:13 pm  #5

Recently installed 10.11.4 (non4d). Predictwind no longer works at all. When I request the grib download I get an error message saying "Grib download error, please upgrade to the latest version of Expedition to rectify this problem"
Any suggestions?

7/10/2019 3:48 pm  #6

The NOAA GFS download works ok here, so it is probably your internet connection.

Of course, it is a lot better to use the Saildocs or Expedition GFS downloads than the NOAA option.

As above, we had a recent bug with Predictwind. Install the latest release to fix that.

6/09/2020 2:38 am  #7

I have Version v11.1.1 x86 c-map4D and i get the message "Please upgrade to the latest Version of Expedition to rectify this Problem" when i load Predict Wind Data GFS for 5 Days. Clicking on "check for updates" leads to " ..Installation is up to date"

Any suggestions ? Tank you Christian

6/09/2020 12:15 pm  #8

Try re-entering your password.

As above, the Saildocs or Expedition GFS source is higher resolution and with better fields.

Board footera