Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/03/2019 11:59 pm  #21

Re: Current Set/Drift and Leeway

That can also be checked by comparing the course and heading in number boxes - you should have course = hdg + lwy..

7/04/2019 12:27 am  #22

I relies that this assumption is wrong "If the sign of Heel was wrong I guess I would get Leeway to Windward, which I don't do."
I will double check the sign off Leeway.
But I am still quiet sure there is something else affecting, because largely changing the Leeway index did'nt affect the size off drift. And as I said before got same values on Set and Drift from Exp as froms Instrument system, which is not Leeway compensated.

Can I change sig of Sensor values i Exp. is it by putting negative Leeway coeff.?

7/04/2019 12:42 am  #23

Nick wrote:

Current set & drift in Exp is calculated from cog, sog, bsp and course so of "course" it includes leeway.

As you wrote course = hdg + leeway.
My bad, thought before thar that course = hdg.

Once agian, thanks for all support!

Last edited by Magnus86 (7/04/2019 12:45 am)

7/04/2019 12:56 am  #24

As ZZ said, make sure you have heel. If it is missing, leeway can't be estimated and course = heading.

The standard senses of heel/roll and leeway are such that they are positive on port as it is a roll to starboard and the leeway is clockwise.

7/04/2019 4:38 am  #25

Looked through some old data and we have the wrong sign of the heel value giving wrong sign of leeway.

How do I fix the heel sensor value in Expedition, can I invert it some how?

Very grateful for the help from all of you!

7/04/2019 5:18 am  #26

Can't you just enter a negative K factor in Expedition?

7/17/2019 2:51 pm  #27

With a Nexus system, I guess it would be tricky to change the heel variable. If it’s not to hard to mount the heel sensor opposite to what it is, then that would solve your problem.

7/17/2019 10:50 pm  #28

barne wrote:

With a Nexus system, I guess it would be tricky to change the heel variable. If it’s not to hard to mount the heel sensor opposite to what it is, then that would solve your problem.

Would be glad to don't have to rotate the sensor

Can't I just put in a negative Leeway coefficient to solve the problem? I guess heel isn't used anywhere else?

I don't have access to the boat until ORCi Swedish champ. in August, so I will try it out then.

7/17/2019 11:50 pm  #29

Just try to enter a negative K factor and see what happens!

Board footera