Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/24/2019 3:45 pm  #1

Weather States

Under the weather tab there is 123456 weather states.
How are those set? Can you edit them?

6/24/2019 3:54 pm  #2

Re: Weather States

See the Exp help - the section on the weather ribbon.

6/24/2019 4:45 pm  #3

Nick, Thanks. I did look but this is all I could find:
Weather display states. Easy switching between weather display settings.

Is there something else that I am missing?
Thanks 

6/24/2019 5:20 pm  #4

The idea is you can have multiple display settings for weather data and each of these buttons is a quick access to those.

You just click on each button and any changes you make will be saved for that one.

6/24/2019 5:27 pm  #5

Try clicking 0n one of the 1-6 numbers say '1' ; then click on SettingsOn the right hand side of the settings window that opens, there is a list of WX featuresClick on the '+' next to 'Wind 10m;you will see a list of ways to display “Wind:”e.g. the item “Arrows” has a drop down list to the right which allows you to select; None, Barbs, arrows, scaled arrows, etcOnce you've made your selection you can click OK and you can see the results on the chartThe best way to learn all the features is to tweak them and see the resultYou might want 1 for Wind a certain way on a  local chart but want to use another number when working offshore with Gulf Stream Currents made prominent, another featuring Rain etc. Some of the features may overlap so having a separate 'state' helps you see them.Cheers,
Ernie

6/24/2019 5:42 pm  #6

I have been thinking 6 isn't enough ….

6/24/2019 5:49 pm  #7

Thanks! Makes sense, got it now.

6/25/2019 1:13 am  #8

Nick wrote:

I know it would screw up the UI but it would be cool if there was a way for the user to name the view - even if the name was only in the tool tips -- might make moving to different systems some setup by others easier if the views have names...

6/26/2019 8:52 pm  #9

sparky wrote:

Nick wrote:

I know it would screw up the UI but it would be cool if there was a way for the user to name the view - even if the name was only in the tool tips -- might make moving to different systems some setup by others easier if the views have names...

I could get behind both. More would be nice, but I already have a hard time remembering which panel is which with 6.

Maybe a button in the Weather panel could open a seperate window with a user defined cheat sheet? Or even add a "Weather" panel to states with an option like this?

Last edited by Blizzard (6/26/2019 8:55 pm)

6/26/2019 10:22 pm  #10

I thought about this a bit, but I just can't think of a nice way.

Board footera