Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2019 6:19 am  #11

Re: AWA reading to quickly

I believe I have fixed the problem, the AWA is reading "smooth" and much closer to exactly the same as the AWA from the H5000.

From the H5000 web socket interphase I selected for the H5000 to receive AWA from the CPU, it was set to receive from the MHU. 

I also deselected the AWA/AWS PGN from the Actisence/NGT-1 settings menu.

It does seem that the NGT-1 will sometimes override the H5000 settings in expedition. 

Is anyone aware of any drawbacks of having the H5000 receive AWA from the CPU and not the MHU?

6/29/2019 1:27 pm  #12

I didn't think of that, but with H5000 websocket and an Actisense both running, you have to be careful to get individual data items from only one source.  The classic illustration of that is the jumpy track you see if you have two GPS inputs to Expedition .... 

6/29/2019 2:11 pm  #13

Yes, you don't want any instrument data from the NGT-1, but the GPS is probably best sourced from the NGT-1, which is why you can turn that off for H5.

6/29/2019 11:10 pm  #14

Reading AWA and AWS from the MHU by-passes the H5000's calculations of these data. B&G have a particular way of producing Apparent Wind data, which consists in back-calculating them after going through a first iteration based on what they call "Measured Wind " (MWA and MWS are accessible for display) to calculate True Wind. Once this is done, including all corrections to TWA and TWS, they back-calculated AWA and AWS.
In summary, you really should use the CPU's Apparent Wind data to rate full advantage of the H5000 system. This does require that you populate the correction tables properly, however.

Board footera