Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/04/2019 2:08 am  #1

Marks 'Always Draw'

All, I may be wrong here, but now when I add new marks the default seems to be "Always Draw", which is a PITA.  Is there any way of changing the default for new marks from that to the opposite i.e. "Don't Always Draw?

6/04/2019 4:00 am  #2

Re: Marks 'Always Draw'

In the Marks window select the "Set mark" folder and click on 'Don't draw'.

6/04/2019 11:31 am  #3

DuncanR wrote:

All, I may be wrong here, but now when I add new marks the default seems to be "Always Draw", which is a PITA.

i don't know.., but i think that mostly when i make new marks i want to see them.., so the default probably makes sense for most users...

6/04/2019 1:18 pm  #4

OK Zee .... what Set Marks folder?  In the Marks Management panel, on the right side I have about 20 folders of marks, all with various names meaningful to me.  I can pick any one of those and press the Don't Draw button.  But that doesn't change the default, so if I create a new mark (say by pinging), the default is still Always Draw.

6/04/2019 1:59 pm  #5

How are you adding the marks?

6/04/2019 3:52 pm  #6

G'day Nick, the answer is 'it depends'.  Mostly via Visual Marks (therefore folder Easy), sometimes by pinging (therefore the folder Ping).  It isn't a big thing, I just don't remember Always Draw being a default setting over the last xy years, and it has been triggered by a new laptop and reconfiguring all that stuff.

6/04/2019 4:46 pm  #7

Visual marks aren't set to always drawn by default. Pinged marks are by design, else you wouldn't see them.

6/04/2019 9:08 pm  #8

Ahhhh.  Maybe my V-P (Visual to Ping) ratio has changed recently ... I shall be alert henceforth.

6/09/2019 9:23 am  #9

DuncanR wrote:

All, I may be wrong here, but now when I add new marks the default seems to be "Always Draw", which is a PITA.  Is there any way of changing the default for new marks from that to the opposite i.e. "Don't Always Draw?

Hi there...  not answering your question but maybe providing a useful tip...  When you click 'edit marks' button and 'Mark management' dialog box comes up on the right hand 'Mark / waypoint folders' side of the dialog you can right click the folder and select for the entire contents of that folder to lock all, unlock all, draw all, or not draw...

I never really used that feature until the last year and I've found it very useful and convenient...

Just trying to help out with a tip.  

-H.L. DeVore

Board footera