Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2019 7:15 pm  #1

YB Tracking test procedure

Hey folks,

For the upcoming Bermuda 1-2, my setup will include Expedition 4D, an Iridium Go, the PredictWind Offshore App, and Saildocs.  My workflow for obtaining wind and current GRIBs and for communicating back home is established.  The last workflow that I'm trying to lock down is the procedure for pulling in the YB Tracking information.  My current plan is to enable a Saildocs subscription through Airmail as explained in other threads.

Is there a way, sitting on my couch, to make sure that I'm able to see YB tracking information in Expedition using, for example, the tracks for prior races, e.g., the 2019 Caribbean 600 (c6002019)?

Thanks,
Josh

5/23/2019 7:21 pm  #2

Re: YB Tracking test procedure

Yes - use the Multiple option on the YB tracking interface.

5/23/2019 7:25 pm  #3

Thanks, Nick.  I've tried this, but get the error "The server name or address could not be resolved."  I've tried different race codes and have gotten the same error.  

5/23/2019 7:29 pm  #4

jreisberg wrote:

Thanks, Nick.  I've tried this, but get the error "The server name or address could not be resolved."  I've tried different race codes and have gotten the same error.  

I see from a prior thread that it could be a YB issue...but I've never gotten multiple positions to work.  

5/23/2019 8:21 pm  #5

Update Exp. The YB Tracking Uri changed for that recently.

Last edited by Nick (5/23/2019 8:21 pm)

5/23/2019 9:16 pm  #6

Thanks, Nick.  Updated.  Getting closer.  I'm able to download multiple positions.  But boats and tracks are not showing up on the chart.  Under Display settings, I have "race tracking boats," and "race tracking tracks" selected.  Are there other settings that need to be enabled to see the tracks?  Does the weather time need to be set for the race?  If so, I've set the weather time to between February 18 and 25 when the C600 was happening, and I'm still not seeing anything.

5/23/2019 9:39 pm  #7

I've just tested and something else must have changed in the download. Will investigate ...

5/23/2019 9:40 pm  #8

Copy that.  Thanks, and much appreciated.

5/23/2019 9:44 pm  #9

Looking closer, the problem is in the c6002019 file. It contains non utf-8 characters. This has been an ongoing problem with the YB xml files.

name="A�na Enfance Et Avenir"

5/23/2019 9:47 pm  #10

Nick wrote:

Looking closer, the problem is in the c6002019 file. It contains non utf-8 characters. This has been an ongoing problem with the YB xml files.

name="A�na Enfance Et Avenir"

Understood.  Although I haven't tested this, if I send a query to saildocs to pull down the tracking information to a txt file as described in other posts, would the same problem exist with UTF-8 characters?

Board footera