Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/12/2019 2:09 pm  #1

Network Closed

I mostly have this problem with Ventus, but occasionally with other networks.

I can configure Ventus to work over the network.., and it will work for a while.., but then.., maybe the next day, with  all the network settings exactly the same, I get no data in the raw data window, and the network dialog box says "network closed".

With ventus.., sometimes, no amount of playing with the network will fix it - disconnecting and reconnecting to the wifi, restarting my phone, restarting expedition, restarting the computer...

I really need a reliable way to get Expedition data on my phone.

I guess my first question is: what, exactly, does the "network closed" message mean? What makes it close after working for a while, and is there anything i can do to open it?

5/12/2019 3:17 pm  #2

Re: Network Closed

It just means Exp has been unable to make a network connection. With UDP, this probably means it can't open the port.

5/12/2019 3:52 pm  #3

so if i am using  the default port 5010, should i switch to another?
is there a way to manually open 5010?

6/03/2019 11:32 am  #4

I had the same problem during RORC North Sea Race last week with the "Ajeto" , all network ports got "closed " during the race, no way opening them again.. so no more data on Ventus Pro
Anyone have a solution?

6/03/2019 11:58 pm  #5

jvdstarre wrote:

I had the same problem during RORC North Sea Race last week with the "Ajeto" , all network ports got "closed " during the race, no way opening them again.. so no more data on Ventus Pro
Anyone have a solution?

Did you still get data from the instruments in Expedition (assuming they connect via a network port and not USB)?

Board footera