Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/30/2023 12:50 pm  #1

Shortcut button to world chart

Ability to select in user shortcut button to the world chart(and a hot key eg "W" if this function is now working)
Reason - detailed AUSENC are slow and when selecting grib area find workflow and zooming faster in world chart view.

Last edited by Mattzilla (9/30/2023 12:50 pm)

9/30/2023 12:55 pm  #2

Re: Shortcut button to world chart

That is simple - have implemented for v12.

4/24/2024 1:19 pm  #3

Saw world chart implemented thanks.

I tried mapping the Navionics to ALT + N and Worldchart to ALT + W but EXP seems to forget mapping settings (have tried save config, save settings for profile)

I know some commands are hard coded (CTRL+cursor to pan for example)
Aside from worldchart or Navionics,  "N" for Now would be another common hot key - can these be suggested to be added / evaluated for usefulness?

My suggestions

Use
W - Worldchart - quick way to zoom right out for selecting a large area for weather grib.  N for Navionics worldchart would also works well for this process
N - hot key for NOW function in grib time
X - Hide Weather toggle
F - Follow boat
P - Pan
A - Auto chart zoom

I had other shortcuts I used alot in earlier versions but user keymapping customisation seems broken.   I don`t want to hijack this as I am sure other users would have different wants/suggestions etc

Last edited by Mattzilla (4/24/2024 1:24 pm)

4/24/2024 1:26 pm  #4

They should be saved in the display state in the registry.

4/24/2024 1:46 pm  #5

Nick wrote:

They should be saved in the display state in the registry.

They work for a little but but disappear, and sometimes if you add a new one old are lost - I have not found a way for them to be saved and has been happening for some time and on different machines/installs.
I just added a heap of shortcut buttons at top of ribbon as shortcuts, but hot keys would be faster/less cluttered.

Board footera