Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/01/2017 1:47 pm  #11

Re: Help With ENC Clutter

Thanks!

​I think I have found the problem - misreading some Microsoft documentation related to Windows scaling, but they are a little vague about it all.

​Also found another ENC issue, so will update Exp today.

​Regarding the zoom levels, each chart specifies the scale as which to stop showing items as you zoom out.

6/01/2017 1:49 pm  #12

No worries - took me longer to figure out how to post screenshots than anything else! 

Items not appearing looked like the correct behaviour, I didn't express myself well. Nice to be able to help, after all the help you've provided me.

6/01/2017 9:06 pm  #13

Nick wrote:

Thanks!

​Regarding the zoom levels, each chart specifies the scale as which to stop showing items as you zoom out.

Are zoom levels and the level of detail you see "fixed" in the chart you use or would that be something that Exp could potentially control independently?
Countless times I have zoomed out on a chart to be able to have 'overview', but then miss important details like buoys.  Would therefore be great if Exp has a slider which allows to control the level of detail shown on any zoom level.

6/01/2017 9:12 pm  #14

It is part of the S-57 specification and is set by the provider.

​The philosophy to date has been to stick to the S-52 standard as much as possible.

​I can see how it could be an issue with those odd Dutch charts though. Everywhere else has different levels of charts.

​That said, there is a clutter option in Exp you can turn off which much do what you want.

Board footera