Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/03/2024 8:41 pm  #1

Exp to Raymarine Instruments

I'm working on connecting to a RayMarine system that I believe uses Seatalk 1. Owner says any kind of wireless connection isn't possible right now, so I'm looking for the best option to connect physically. I'm not having much luck finding a Sea Talk 1 to NMEA 2000 or Ethernet cable. Appreciate any opinions from anyone better at this stuff than me. There's also a Furino Radar Display that seems to be picking up Wind/GPS and I think AIS data if that's an easier option than RayMarine. Thanks, - Jason

5/03/2024 9:31 pm  #2

Re: Exp to Raymarine Instruments

Have you seen the Exp help topic?

5/03/2024 9:56 pm  #3

Well I did look for it, but didn't dig deep enough. I see it now, thanks.  If I'm understanding the Help correctly, I should be able to use a Seatalk 1 to Seatalk NG Converter kit to get to Seatalk NG. From there I can use Seatalk NG to NMEA 2000 Cable and then an Actisense NMEA 2000 to PC adaptor should get it to my laptop. I'm used to boats who's electronics package consists of a Velecotek, so apologies if I'm not making sense here. 
-J

5/04/2024 1:38 am  #4

I think Digital Yacht and/or Yacht Devices have Seatlk to USB or NMEa 0183 adaptors too.

5/05/2024 12:06 pm  #5

Appreciate the help Nick. I've got all of the cables, T-Fittings and adapter I need. I have the Yacht Services NMEA 2000 to USB Gateway in the mail, which should hopefully be delivered tomorrow. Fingers crossed I can get it all to work when I get to the boat on Tuesday. 

Board footera