Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/24/2024 1:29 pm  #21

Re: Expedition 12

It should scale out to the simple world chart. It does for me.

4/24/2024 1:30 pm  #22

GIRELLA-IT wrote:

Hi, how can I see the license date to understand if the license covers the upgrade? Thanks Marco

Email me ...

4/24/2024 1:31 pm  #23

us7070 wrote:

previously, i had both the NT/Max and 4D versions installed.
will we now be able to have all  three installed?

Yes.

You don't want to use Exp 11 and 12 though as (eg) marks are not backwards compatible.

4/24/2024 1:38 pm  #24

Nick wrote:

It should scale out to the simple world chart. It does for me.

Just re-tested and zooms out to 1:256000 (1/64x 1:4000) only when using AUSENC AU/NZ.

Further to this, I panned left of current location (toggled off follow ship) and could zoom out further - seems to be specific to current location/chart cell.

Last edited by Mattzilla (4/24/2024 1:41 pm)

4/24/2024 1:48 pm  #25

I'm having trouble with the higher res navionics world map.

i downloaded and unzipped the file. I don't get a file, but a folder (Worldmap_4.0) with many subfolders

I put that folder in Expedition > navionics

I don't see the Worldmap_4.0_reduced file or folder in the navionics folder or sub folders - they are all empty.

I do have a world map in the program.., but when i put the new folder in the navionics folder and re-started expedition, it  was still the same world map

4/24/2024 1:54 pm  #26

us7070 wrote:

i downloaded and unzipped the file. I don't get a file, but a folder (Worldmap_4.0) with many subfolders

I don't see the Worldmap_4.0_reduced file or folder in the navionics folder or sub folders - they are all empty.

I do have a world map in the program.., but when i put the new folder in the navionics folder and re-started expedition, it  was still the same world map

I found the Worldmap_4.0_reduced file in Program Files -> Expedition -> Navionics.

However I found no change in worldmap that I could see.  I tried putting it in both Program Files and Program Data to see, but no perceptible improvement in resolution,

4/24/2024 2:20 pm  #27

Mattzilla wrote:

us7070 wrote:

I found the Worldmap_4.0_reduced file in Program Files -> Expedition -> Navionics.

However I found no change in worldmap that I could see.  I tried putting it in both Program Files and Program Data to see, but no perceptible improvement in resolution,

okay - i was looking in program data, and that's where i put the new one.

now i have put it in program files > expedition, where i also see the reduced file - but no change in the world map.

4/24/2024 3:48 pm  #28

Do not put it in program files

4/24/2024 5:51 pm  #29

Nick wrote:

Do not put it in program files

I think the reason for the confusion is that the help says to put it in program data > expedition > navionics.., and that we will find the "reduced" version there.

but in my installation, the "reduced" version is in program files > expedition > navionics.

anyway - i have the new map in both locations, but neither seems to make a difference

Last edited by us7070 (4/24/2024 5:52 pm)

4/24/2024 7:57 pm  #30

I see now why it may not pick it up. Have fixed for the next update.

Now I look at it, the advantage of the larger world data is just satellite imagery. The resolution seems to be about the same. 

So it may not be worth getting for most people.

Will update the documentation.

Board footera