Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/30/2024 12:09 pm  #11

Re: Iridium GO!

That is the puzzle.  We aren't having any issues connecting and using the Iridium GO! with Sailmail, Squid, QTVlm, or PredictWind.  The 4 applications all work fine and Expedition succesfully connects to the Iridium GO!, but nothing further.  

3/30/2024 1:36 pm  #12

Given Exp can get the Go to dial up and connect, that does suggest Windows is routing the internet traffic elsewhere.

Last edited by Nick (3/30/2024 1:36 pm)

3/30/2024 2:27 pm  #13

When it stopped while "Waiting for server" the messages says:

"The server name or address could not be resolved."

Why would the Windows treat Expedition differently than the other applications that are working?  I haven't been able to work that out.

3/30/2024 2:44 pm  #14

I don't know that. Maybe it is a different Windows call etc.

What other networks do you have? Maybe Windows thinks one of them is the internet connection, as per the Exp help.

Have you looked at the NCIS and Metric topics in the Exp help?

Email would be a lot easier than this ...

4/11/2024 7:56 am  #15

Perhaps helpful?  As I am experimenting with Glasswire, it seems Host Process for Windows Services needs to be enabled for Expedition.  I am guessing this is DNS related.  Without that enabled, I get the "The server name or address could not be resolved."

Board footera