Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2023 3:59 pm  #11

Re: Update 11.19.23 crashed expedition

Apart from one bad chart in the early days of 4D, all issue seem to be related to the download.

It might also be worth manually deleting the files as in mentioned at the link below, except NA-D024.conf and NA-D024.conf.bak in your case.

https://www.c-map.com/support/?contentTitle=A-coreinitialize-ERROR--WWB-Cartridge-NOT-found-message-pops-up-after-my-CMap-Expedition4D-navigation-software-opens-How-do-I-fix-this&contentId=023_054-978

1/01/2024 10:45 pm  #12

^ didn't help.  

There's a bunch of log files in c:/ProgramData/C-MAP/MapsManager with stuff like this repeated for 450KB:

16064 - 49 - 2023/12/31 21:06:51 [[FLOW]DMCS::CartManAppl::ResponseListeners::MapStatus::execute] MapStatus response message handling...
16064 - 50 - 2023/12/31 21:06:51 [[FLOW]DMCS::CartManAppl::ResponseListeners::MapStatus::execute] MapStatus response message handled.
14828 - 51 - 2023/12/31 21:06:53 [[ERROR]CartridgeManager::EventListeners::MapStatus::retrieveLocalProductInfo] Conversion failed for product CM with Delivery web and Type updater

Last edited by jubilant3958 (1/01/2024 10:46 pm)

1/02/2024 11:49 am  #13

Update:  TLDR it's working now.

Details: C-Map/Navico tech support contacted me.  They suggested (copy/paste):

1) Close the Expedition4D app
2) Uninstall C-MAP Maps Manager from Windows Control Panel
3) Delete the whole C-MAP folder in the following folder C:\ProgramData\
4) Reinstall C-MAP Maps Manager (set-up files can be downloaded from Expedition web site / Download section)
5) Re-launch Expedition4D and open the Maps Manager page
6) Download the NAD024 chart
7) Close the Expedition4D app and waiting for the download completion on the browser page
8) Once completed, open the Expedition4D app again

That seems to have cured the problem, so something went wrong in the original C-MAP Maps Manager installation. The log files showed socket errors (if you're a computer/networking geek you'll understand what that means) between Maps Manager and (I think) Expedition. I have sent log files to C-MAP tech support in hopes they can identify the original problem and get the install process sorted out. So far everything seems to be working.

1/02/2024 7:01 pm  #14

That is very good news!

1/03/2024 9:56 pm  #15

thanks Nick for your help and attention over the holidays!

2/03/2024 3:18 am  #16

jubilant3958 wrote:

Update:  TLDR it's working now.

Details: C-Map/Navico tech support contacted me.  They suggested (copy/paste):

1) Close the Expedition4D app
2) Uninstall C-MAP Maps Manager from Windows Control Panel
3) Delete the whole C-MAP folder in the following folder C:\ProgramData\
4) Reinstall C-MAP Maps Manager (set-up files can be downloaded from Expedition web site / Download section)
5) Re-launch Expedition4D and open the Maps Manager page
6) Download the NAD024 chart
7) Close the Expedition4D app and waiting for the download completion on the browser page
8) Once completed, open the Expedition4D app again

That seems to have cured the problem, so something went wrong in the original C-MAP Maps Manager installation. The log files showed socket errors (if you're a computer/networking geek you'll understand what that means) between Maps Manager and (I think) Expedition. I have sent log files to C-MAP tech support in hopes they can identify the original problem and get the install process sorted out. So far everything seems to be working.

Thanks for sharing!

These steps worked for me when I just had an update 'glitch' with my 4D charts. They downloaded fine, but then the process stopped at the 'install' step. I couldn't see any way of advancing beyond this, so I closed Map Manager, and then suffered repeated Exp crashes whenever I opened it.

Cutting a long story short, a quick rummage around the invaluable information on this forum, following these steps worked . Thanks jubliant3958 and, of course, Nick!

Board footera