Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2024 9:14 am  #1

h5000 Pilot and Expedition Waypoint(s)

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but my searches here have found nothing.

I have just installed a new H5000 system on my boat after 20+ good H2000 years.  All is working fine, but I am having trouble getting the H5000 system to use/view the Expedition waypoint for Pilot navigation.

I have figured out how to transfer my waypoints to a Zeus MFD, and then create a route on the Zeus using those waypoints which is then picked up by the pilot.  But, that is far from an optimal solution.

Is there any way to have Expedition identified as a Navigation Source to simplify the process??

(I've installed the new Hercules Processor if that makes a difference.)

thanks for any help.

Last edited by JDG (1/06/2024 9:30 am)

1/10/2024 7:41 am  #2

Re: h5000 Pilot and Expedition Waypoint(s)

Wow.  No response at all?  I can't believe that I am the only one that has tried to make this work.  Perhaps its so simple that nobody wants to embarrass me by pointing out the easy solution.

1/10/2024 8:41 am  #3

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

1/10/2024 9:02 am  #4

Thanks for your response. Those posts are close but not addressing my primary goal of passing an active waypoint from expedition to the h5000 pilot.

I can send waypoint info to the displays via across, but the pilot doesn’t seem to pick that up.

I can send the waypoint to my Zeus but I really don’t care about the Zeus. It’s here primarily for radar.

I’m looking for a “simple” way to have expedition and the h5000 pilot work together.

Open to any suggestions. Thanks again.

1/10/2024 11:31 am  #5

Maybe here:
https://expedition.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2090
I did a search on "zeus" and there is a lot out there,
you could try other search parameters...

Ernie M

1/10/2024 11:41 am  #6

Thanks for your reply.  I never should have mentioned the Zeus.  

The Zeus is not part of my question.  (I guess it might be part of the answer?  But, I don't think so.)

I am looking for a way to get Expedition and my H5000 pilot to work with each other.  (Ex. I would like to create a route with one waypoint and be able to tell the Pilot to navigate towards that waypoint using the "Nav" pilot mode.)

Last edited by JDG (1/10/2024 11:42 am)

1/10/2024 4:59 pm  #7

If you are connected to the H5000 with he websocket connection and are sending the nav data, then the H5000 should regard Exp as the navigation source.

Prsumably that then affects the pilot downstream, but I know little about pilots.

Board footera