Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2019 12:40 am  #1

v10.11.11 not recognising PredictWind Gribs

Nick, the latest version 10.11.11 does not appear to recognise the Predictwind grib files any more.  Rolling back to 10.11.7 allows me to see them.  What was the Great Circle Fastnet improvement in the latest version as I use Great Circle as well as Predictwind and am about to do the Fastnet so trying to finalise which version of Expedition to use.

Thanks.

Demian

Last edited by DGS (8/01/2019 12:44 am)

8/01/2019 2:20 am  #2

Re: v10.11.11 not recognising PredictWind Gribs

They work here. Their ECMWF data won't work though.

Btw, the general consensus is that the Arome is generally the best model around there.

8/01/2019 11:19 pm  #3

Thanks Nick, but very odd as having exactly same issue with boat computer as well, so both installations are affected.  Not using ECMWF but PWG and PWE.

Having downloaded the grips from the offshore app and loaded from folder onto expedition they no longer show up on the drop down on weather tab.  Instead is a single blank space on the drop down where I use to see PWE and PWG.

Running ensemble routings doesn’t produce any PWE or PWG routing.  If I try and look at the weather data for the blank “model” on the weather tab it only loads 1km models (from PredictWind) but not the 50km or 100km offshore models.

Rolling back to a pre ious version resolves all this without having to reload gribs.  PWE and PWG are back listed in the drop down on the weather tab.

Note your comments about Arome/Arpege which are the models I mostly use.

Demian

8/01/2019 11:27 pm  #4

They seem to work for routing here, but I can see why they don't appear in the mode list. Will fix that.

Board footera