Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/02/2016 10:52 pm  #1

Expedition to Inavx

Our delivery crew would like to get the instrument and route data from expedition displayed in the Inavx app on their iPhone/ipad. I'm having trouble getting Inavx to recognize the NMEA data from expedition. Hoping someone has come across the problem I'm having and has found the solution.

B&G h3000 instruments connected to the pc by hlink. We also have ais data from a Matrix GX2150 radio also connected to the pc through the usb cable. The pc is using a wireless connection to the boats wifi system.Setting up for the delivery crew I have changed the network 0 from expedition to NMEA 0183. The connection is set to udp tx & rx. I am using the same address and port that I use for Ventus when racing. In the NMEA settings I have cleared all the NMEA sentences to receive and selected a number on NMEA sentences to send GLL etc. When I check raw data Expedition displays the NMEA data sentences I have selected. No problem getting the IPhone connected to the wifi and I can test the connection by resetting Expedition for ventus and receiving data on the IPhone. In Inavx I set the host to the same address and port as I set in expedition. I turn on the link in Inavx and it displays connected waiting for NMEA. After a few minutes Inavx displays timed out and then once again displays connected and waiting for NMEA. No NMEA data is displayed in Inavx. I have tried connecting through a different router with no luck.​ However if I change Network 0 in Expedition to the expedition format. The data stream immediately displays in the Inavx connection window, Inavx does not recognize the data to use in the app but the data stream is displayed in connection window in the Inavx app. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

9/03/2016 12:46 am  #2

Re: Expedition to Inavx

On the Marks tab try the Export GPX to transfer your Routes.  Inavx says it an use GPX format

9/04/2016 8:18 am  #3

Try setting up your router with "reserved" addresses for all devices.  This made a big difference for me connecting and keeping Ventus devices working.

​pjl

9/04/2016 10:56 am  #4

Try setting up your router with "reserved" addresses for all devices.  This made a big difference for me connecting and keeping Ventus devices working.

​pjl

9/04/2016 9:25 pm  #5

I guess this comes under the heading of never mind. Back down to try again and now it works fine. No changes to the setting on the computer, expedition or the iPhone. Just turned off the system and restarted today and now it works. I had rebooted the computer several times in the first attempt to get the NMEA data transfer to work. But shutting down and leaving it off overnight solved the problem.

Board footera