Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2015 4:24 am  #1

Windows 10

Hi, I've upgraded the main expedition machine to windows 10 and can't currently download predictwind grib files - I get a server connection error.

I'm running the latest 
expedition release 10.1.3 4D and can download tidetech data. It is okay
on the second machine (windows 7) so it must be something to do with windows 10 - any ideas?

9/25/2015 10:08 am  #2

Re: Windows 10

Try right clicking on the chart where you want to see the wind, and select PredictWind from the context menu. This will pull up the same dialog, and it should be the same from there.

It sounds odd, but we are experiencing the same problem on a Windows 8.1 machine, and that worked for us. Granted, we have not updated to the latest version, yet. That will likely be this weekend.

9/25/2015 11:07 am  #3

Probably not useful, but I am running w10 and have had not issues with PW or any other internet sourced infomation through Expedition, over the last few versions.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

10/27/2015 10:21 am  #4

I don't believe the issue is with Expedition but with Windows 10 - I have tried disabling the firewall on a temporary basis and exploring other options. It works sometimes but others it just timesout. Also happens when checking for expedition updates.

3/20/2016 6:16 am  #5

Update on this is that I've found that is an issue with the wifi driver and my broadband router. I'm using an old Lenovo X220 that I've repurposed and there is no Windows 10 driver for the Intel 6205 wifi chip. I've got around it for now by connecting to 2.4 GHz broadband router and this has stabilised the network connectivity - now to get Ventus working again

Board footera