Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/29/2016 9:12 am  #1

Raymarine WiFi AccessPoint

Trying to configure Expedition to pull instrument data from Raymarine Es Series.  Brand new installation.
There is a Wifi interface but I can's see that it does anything more than act as a way to share a network connection with the internet.  Does anyone know if this instrument comes standard with a wifi access point to streaming nmea data? 

Or access to a serial port?

Just stepped on the boat for first time.  

Thanks

5/29/2016 11:20 am  #2

Re: Raymarine WiFi AccessPoint

You will have to check but as far as I know the Raymarine Wifi is only ment to let you play with a duplicate screen on an ipad. It does not act as a gateway.

If i am correct check your instrument setup carefully.. is everything connected .? if so .. -- I would presume it is an NMEA2000 network you can get an Actisense NGT-1 and connect it to the nmea2000 network and pc.. or get a nmea2000 to wifi gateway...

6/06/2016 8:42 pm  #3

Thank you.  I installed an ActiSense to test on my own boat and it worked great.  

10/16/2016 2:07 am  #4

Trying to connect to Raymarine a95
I can find the plotter's IP address via Diagnostics, Devices but not the port number, and hence no connection established. Any ideas?

10/16/2016 3:53 am  #5

If your goal to connect it to access instrument data on the instrument then I don't believe there is any way to do this.  To access instrument data you need another black box.  I had good success with the ActiSense, which provides USB access.  There are several companies that make WiFi gateways that do the same thing over WiFi.  DigitalYacht is one such company.  There are others.  

What is possible is to run Raymarine's Apps on a phone/tablet/PC which will then be able to pull some of the data off the network.  But for the purpose of using Expedition you will need another piece of hardware.

10/16/2016 3:59 am  #6

OK, thanks a lot for quick reply; appreciated.
I will have to do with just the GPS position from my Holux USB GPS for this trip.

Board footera