Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2016 11:15 pm  #1

Making it all work

Even though I am a user of Expedition since 2008, I can hardly call myself a very in depth user. This is also because we do not have a dedicated user on board with races. 

I recently upgraded from Raymarine ST70&70+ to B&G H5000 and Zeus2. I have had Ventus for years and never really used it.

So now I want to start using the combination ... and it makes me wonder ... why there is no higher level of integration. (i realise B&G like to be propriatary).

For example .. there is a perfectly good startline feature in the H5000/Zeus 2.. But you cannot set an upwind mark with *nm @ xxx degrees ?????

You can do this with ventus ... but your B&G system will not understand it... even though there is an ethernet, Hlink, NME0183 and NMEA2000 connection???

On an offshore race I will typically set my route in Expedition (and sometimes in my plotter for backup). But Zeus2 will not accept the routes or waypoints....

I realise it takes two to tango .. but many Expedition users are B&G users.. Can't we make this smart?

Board footera