Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/04/2023 5:41 am  #1

Not getting Sails Listed in Route Window

Hello again,

I have a sail chart now from my sailmaker but when I do an optimized weather route, The route pane does not populate the sail choice for that leg.

I do notice that if I look at the detailed results, I get the sail selection and it does have changes within a course leg.  Could that be why the route window doesn't display anything?

thanks,

8/04/2023 8:07 am  #2

Re: Not getting Sails Listed in Route Window

Will,
I don't use the Route window so a bit light here...
I think the Route window relies on Instrument wind to make the decision on 'which sail' at the next mark not the forecast wind in the optimization.

You can try that by going to Playback tab and tick  Simulate, the sail in the route window should now show and you can even try different 'what ifs' by adjusting the simulated winds

Do you have Instrument wind getting to Exp?

That's about all I know on topic, maybe others can chime in with more
Ernie

Last edited by Ernie M (8/04/2023 8:08 am)

8/14/2023 11:27 pm  #3

Re: Not getting Sails Listed in Route Window

WildWilliam wrote:

Hello again,

I have a sail chart now from my sailmaker but when I do an optimized weather route, The route pane does not populate the sail choice for that leg.

I do notice that if I look at the detailed results, I get the sail selection and it does have changes within a course leg.  Could that be why the route window doesn't display anything?

thanks,

The route window will only show winds for each leg based on the TWS/TWD as received from the instruments. Not related to routing. 

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

Board footera