Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2023 7:44 pm  #1

Laptops with high display resolution

Hi, recently upgraded to a new Lenovo X1 Carbon with a display resolution of 3840x2400. Windows 11 has a scaling feature, which scales the size of text, apps and other items. In the display settings i have this at 250%. The benefits of the higher resolution are to fit more pixels in the same physical screen size. There can be tradeoffs though with text and objects being too small to read. The Win11 Scaling feature is supposed to assist that.

With Expedition, there are some aspects of the application that respect the scaling and others that seem to follow the display resolution. For example in the Wind display window there is a drop-down selector for the histogram time, this is nearly illegible (too small) but the windows heading text "Wind" is large readable and the chart headings TWD and TWS look great. Similarly for number boxes, sail chart, what-if windows all show the title of the pane in large type and most of the contents are readable. I also find that each time I open the application, the window widths are out of sorts from how i left them despite saving them. If i drop the laptop's display resolution to 2560x1600 that problem goes away, the window contents are more legible, but the amount of screen real estate is reduced and less optimal. 

Looking for any recommendations to optimize the appearance of the application. Have tried the MS Windows compatibility mode for "Change high DPI settings" but this yields negligible help. Cheers to all, 

Last edited by jason.veatch (6/29/2023 8:02 pm)

Board footera