Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/15/2023 6:04 am  #1

Mirroring Expedition from one computer to another

Hi:

I am new to Expedition and also recently returned to Windows, I currently use a Mac for most stuff, I used to use windows a few years ago. Anyhow I am setting up a primary computer on a boat I am sailing in the Cabo Race next month and would like to have the back up computer look the same (in case it is needed). Is there a simple description of how to do this, what files to transfer etc... Many thanks. 

2/15/2023 7:49 am  #2

Re: Mirroring Expedition from one computer to another

Some of us have moved our Expedition data directories onto onedrive and use that to keep the files synced on multiple computers.

4/26/2023 12:55 pm  #3

sparky wrote:

Some of us have moved our Expedition data directories onto onedrive and use that to keep the files synced on multiple computers.

Curious, Sparky, if that works well for you?  I have thought about doing the same via Dropbox but just never had enough confidence to pull the trigger.  

Would you mind sharing which directories/folders you have locally vs in the cloud?

4/27/2023 2:41 am  #4

I do find it works --- without an active internet connection you don't get changes made while actively running a race.
In shore with an internet connection you can basically hot fail over to a new laptop if you have a hardware failure.
Offshore while you won't have all the changes and data made since the last sync with the cloud but it should let you get the standby machine up quickly.

Before each offshore race I make sure both machines are online and synced up so that all the configs and support files are on both machines.

Board footera