Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2022 2:08 pm  #1

Data input format?

I am building a nmea2k data consumer. It's a raspberry pi that will dump raw nema2k data to an append file on an sd card.

Does Expedition import in the raw sentence format or should I parse and convert to the CSV samples I see on the site?

7/23/2022 1:19 pm  #2

Re: Data input format?

It depends on what you want to do.

1) If you want to want to load a log file so you can look at the track or study variables in a strip chart you have two options in the tool ribbon:
(Load) Expedition standard csv format where nowadays the two first rows displays channels and channel numbers in the log file and then on rows 4 onwards containing BoatID, UTC and then pairs of channel numbers and values.
OR
(Load GPX) with a GPX file for tracks (using Lat and Lon only)

2) If you want to replay the log file you should be able to output the raw sentences through a UDP or TCP socket in the same pace as recorded and select network instrument as either Actisense ASCII, Digital Yacht RAW or Yacht Devices RAW depending on the RAW format.

Last edited by barne (7/23/2022 1:21 pm)

Board footera