Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/02/2022 7:31 pm  #11

Re: Connecting Expedition to a new B&G Zeus3 via WiFi

It says "Closed"

6/02/2022 7:33 pm  #12

It says Closed.

6/02/2022 7:36 pm  #13

That implies Expedition isn't able to open it. Either it isn't allowed, doesn't exist etc ...

You could try at a web browser

http://192.168.76.1:10110

6/02/2022 7:40 pm  #14

OK. Will try tomorrow,. Time for bed here in the US. 

BTW, which would you recommend to link NMEA2000 to USB; the iKonnect or the Actisense

Thanks

6/02/2022 8:06 pm  #15

They should work equally well.

We have probably been tending to the iKonvert recently as we don't have to rely on a 32 bit dll provided byActisense.

6/03/2022 12:09 am  #16

On the Zeus, did you enable nmea0183 serial output? (page 132 in the operators manual)

6/05/2022 3:34 pm  #17

So, I found out what was wrong - You cannot connect Expedition to a B&G Zeus3!

Mike Jones of Mid-Atlantic Electronics here in Annapolis Maryland explained that the Zeus3 does not send out NMEA data that Expedition can use. So I went with the iKonvert hardware and that works beautifully. I could also have used a WiFi connection added to the NMEA network, but I prefer hardwire for important data on a boat. So all is good now. 

Thanks again for all of you who helped out.

•  

6/06/2022 2:14 am  #18

> So, I found out what was wrong - You cannot connect Expedition to a B&G Zeus3!
So that is not generally true... You can setup NMEA pass through on the WiFi from the Zeus and you can use the B&G websocket interface to get it to work.

I know because before I rewired the network on our raceboat that is how I was connected to everything. I have since put in an ethernet switch so I can connect directly to both the Zeus and the H5000 at the same time because I too prefer a hard connection over wireless for important data.

6/06/2022 5:32 am  #19

Hi Sparky, do you have 2 separate web socket connections in expedition? 1 for AIS, 1 for H5000?

6/06/2022 7:02 am  #20

AIS doesn't work through the websocket --- but you can enable NMEA through the Zeus3 and so I had two connections. Websocket for everything but AIS and an NMEA AIS connection.

So 2 network connections in expedition. 1 NMEA over ethernet and 1 websocket.

Actually 3 because I also have an Exp connection for VentusPro.

This is from my config spread sheet --- I went to a fully wired setup for the Fastnet last year so I don't have the exact same setup anymore. Now I have ethernet connected to the H5000 and Zeus3. I can now use the webbrowser to control both the plotter and H5000.

Last edited by sparky (6/06/2022 7:17 am)

Board footera