Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/18/2015 12:56 pm  #1

GPS Time

So this weekend I am hoping to resolve the problems I have with syncing GPS time with Expedition.  The Set clock from GPS Time is a great feature (under tools) but unfortunately doesnt work on our setup.  Nick has called out in the manual why this might be the case.  Resolution of the problem does not look easy but I plan to give it a try.  I'm sick of trying to sync manually with the GPS screen clock.

From the manual:
"Updates the computer clock to the time from the GPS.This may not be successful if Exp does not have the required privileges on your computer. Expedition must have the SE_SYSTEMTIME_NAME privilege. This privilege is disabled by default."

In order to change the system privileges I have to run a program called secpol.msc (Local Security Tool) and give the SYSTEMTIME privilege to the User group I guess. I'm running on Windwos XP  - I hope the tool is available on that release.

I'll post about my success or failure after!

9/22/2015 10:13 am  #2

Re: GPS Time

Unfortunately I failed in my quest!

I used the secpol.msc tool to assign the appropriate privilege to "User".  I then relaunched Expedition and tried to set the time.  I saw the same error indicating that it failed.

Anyone have any experience with Windows privileges. Is it possible that the error is from something else?

Does anyone have this working on Windows XP?

9/22/2015 12:24 pm  #3

We were hoping you would find success.
I have XP and will try this weekend and post my results.

9/23/2015 11:52 pm  #4

I almost always sync my computer clock to the RC time checks, as find that there is invariably a difference between this and the GPS time on board, despite the RC stating using GPS generated time....sometimes more than a few seconds....

AND...then sync to nearest minute in Exp on start signals, as this again can have a few seconds of difference....

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

Board footera