Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/16/2021 8:31 pm  #1

Mapping keyboard and losing mapped keys

Has anyone found a way to easily import mapped keyboard commands, or prevet them being lost?  Mine seem to disappear when you update Exp, but also when you close the program - sometimes!.  This is annoyng as I have to remap 20 keys that I use regularly.
I make sure to save them before exiting.  I did find toggling default->cruising and back to default would sometimes "reactivate them" but that seems to have stopped working.
I also tried to export and re-import a registry key but that also didn`t work.
Have also tried the save and load configuration option recently added but that doesn`t seem to save these keyboard commands.

Last edited by Mattzilla (12/16/2021 8:40 pm)

1/20/2022 2:50 pm  #2

Re: Mapping keyboard and losing mapped keys

Behaviours I have noticed regarding mapping keys to commands in Exp.
- I remapped keys I use for the common functions, set to state "Cruising", and saved.
- I then saved as Default profile - noted keymap does not move to that profile.
- Went back to Cruising, tested keys work ok.  
- Changed to CMAP view for quicker response than AUSENC and to select area for weather download.  Noted keymaps no longer there
- toggled display state to Default then back to Cruising, and the keymap returned!

Have also noted that when do an update, may lose keymap completely.
Have tried to export and re-import this registry entry but doesn`t seem to work - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Expedition\Expedition\DefaultState11\BCGKeyboard-0

Board footera