Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/15/2021 7:44 am  #1

Transpac Yellowbrick file via Saildocs

As of last night I had no issues manually querying Saildocs via email for the Yellowbrick txt file update (https://yb.tl/transpac2021-expedition.txt).  Over the last few hours I have been getting no email replies from Saildocs.  Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?  I've tried requesting other items from Saildocs via email to no avail, is it me or system wide?

Thanks,
Mark

7/15/2021 8:54 am  #2

Re: Transpac Yellowbrick file via Saildocs

Mark,
Looks like a Saildocs system problem.
Timing is everything...no?
E

7/15/2021 8:56 am  #3

Thanks Ernie, I've tried multiple Saildoc queries up different avenues with no luck.  I feel a bit better knowing it's not just me.

7/15/2021 12:43 pm  #4

Mark,
Jim Corenmen  at Saildocs is looking into it; they shifted servers a few days ago.
Ernie

7/15/2021 12:55 pm  #5

Thanks Again Ernie, I just started getting replies in the last 1-2 hours.

7/15/2021 8:28 pm  #6

Mark, Ernie: There were two issues today-- the outside outfit that handles incoming email for Saildocs was offline for a few hours this morning, back at 1800z. That's the first time we've seen that, we'll give them one more chance.

The second is that Ernie's incoming email is handled by att.net, and was blocking mail from Saildoc's new IP address. That's a leftover from the previous inhabitant of that IP address but ATT's reply gave me little hope of a quick fix. 

We did migrate servers on Sunday, I don't think that is related to our incoming-mail problem but it does explain the ATT block. 

Cheers, Jim

Board footera