Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/21/2021 12:31 pm  #1

B&G data being seen but Exped not displaying

have gone back to me old boat (pegaus of northumbersland) but a new laptop and trying to remeber all the setting...
H3000 and dell rugged.  all fine so far, USB connection -  can see raw data comming in from B&G and  from AIS... but nothing being displayed by Expedition, i must be doing somthing very simple wrong

hope soemone can help

thx

Ross

2/23/2021 5:26 pm  #2

Re: B&G data being seen but Exped not displaying

RH, I think the silence says you haven't well specified your question.  When you write "not displayed by Expedition", what do you mean?  In Expediton (i.e. number boxes blank), or out on displays (i.e. sent through Expedition configurable channedls), or something else?

3/05/2021 10:14 am  #3

Re: B&G data being seen but Exped not displaying

my silence was i was offshore delivering the boat from Cadiz to UK for 10 days
there was nothing on screen (no position & no boxes);

managed to get it working by using NEMA 0183 as the data input, and moving the AIS link from a 'shared' USB serial-USB converter to its own USB socket

now to work out how to get ProAIS to see the AIS unit and get Expedition Squid weather info  'grab'  to work via the iridium redbox setup (it works fine via WiFi or hard cable)  :-)

Board footera