Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/08/2020 8:32 am  #1

Convert csv polar to Expedition polar format

This might be a newbe question. How can I convert a csv polar format into a Expedition format?

9/08/2020 8:37 am  #2

Re: Convert csv polar to Expedition polar format

There is a function available under Tools.
Table to polar.

9/08/2020 1:09 pm  #3

OK. I saw that. But when I select the .csv file and click "Open" in the dialog box, the dialog box just closes and nothing else happens. And I can't find a new .txt files in the folder where the .csv file lives.

9/08/2020 5:06 pm  #4

Assuming the data are already in TWS down the leftmost column followed by TWA / TGT_BSP pairs along each row in the proper sequence, the brute force way is to open the .csv file with Notebook or any text editor.  If you want to keep the column labels on the first row insert an exclamation point at the beginning of the row to make it a comment.  Use the Edit->Replace menu selection to change the commas or comma-space delimiters to tab characters.  You can insert a tab, select it with the mouse, Ctrl-C to grab it and then paste it into the "Replace with" field.  Click on "Replace All" and Bob's your uncle.  File->Save As somepolar.txt when you are done tweaking the format and adding a comment line across the top.
I am by no means an "expert" nor do I play one on TV, but I have converted my polars from Excel files by saving them as .CSV and using this process. 

Last edited by skippermdj (9/08/2020 5:08 pm)

Board footera