Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/29/2019 5:37 am  #1

TJV Fleet Tracking

Anyone know if there is a YB or similar link for fleet tracking for the Transat Jaques Vabre in expedition? 

10/29/2019 8:05 am  #2

Re: TJV Fleet Tracking

Tom,
Although TJV is using YB trackers, YB is not allowed to share the data in this instance.  You might try contacting TJV directly.

The results are posted on the TJV website but not for downloading to Exp  https://www.transatjacquesvabre.org/en/map-and-ranking

Ernie

12/12/2019 5:30 am  #3

Re: TJV Fleet Tracking

i just noticed this, so it's a little late for this race...

The YB position files were available by FTP from a TJV server

they were in a format that worked in Adrena - i was able to view them in a free demo version of Adrena, but because i couldn't do any optimal routing in the free version, it wasn't any better than viewing them in the official tracker.

i was able to edit them to work in Expedition, but it was a pain. I tried to write a script to automate it, but never got it working, and gave up on the tracking, as it was too much work.

anyway, perhaps it would be good if Expedition could import the Adrena position files,

Board footera