Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/11/2019 6:56 am  #1

H5000 Wind Sensor Connection Questions

It seems that when connecting a B&G wind sensor to an H5000 system, one can either connect the sensor to the nmea 2000 backbone (perhaps through an analog module) .., or connect it directly into the H5000 processor. The B&G manual shows both.

Why would one choose one, or the other?

I first thought that it was related to particular wind sensor - that the different models have different connection requirements - but it seems that this is not the case.

Also, if it is connected directly into the wind connections in the H5000 processor, is it then a nmea 0183 connection? 

Last edited by us7070 (9/11/2019 6:57 am)

9/20/2019 11:34 am  #2

Re: H5000 Wind Sensor Connection Questions

CPU and analogue expansion accept analogue wind transducer signals.
You could feed NMEA0183 into the CPU and/or serial expansion.

9/24/2019 5:47 am  #3

Re: H5000 Wind Sensor Connection Questions

us7070 wrote:

It seems that when connecting a B&G wind sensor to an H5000 system, one can either connect the sensor to the nmea 2000 backbone (perhaps through an analog module) .., or connect it directly into the H5000 processor. The B&G manual shows both.

Why would one choose one, or the other?

I first thought that it was related to particular wind sensor - that the different models have different connection requirements - but it seems that this is not the case.

Also, if it is connected directly into the wind connections in the H5000 processor, is it then a nmea 0183 connection? 

It allows a more distributed system - i.e. the N2K backbone already fwd at mast for mast displays, why run another cable(s) back to the processor - if indeed it is aft. Makes more sense the bigger/longer the boat.

:::Campbell Field::::::www.fieldyachting.com:::

Board footera