Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/01/2016 12:03 am  #1

Race Schedules

Good Evening,  Following the manual, and some help form others, I can import all the boat and positions using the YB Tracking button no problem.  When we go offshore on Saturday I am only going to be able to get the information via email.  

I have turned this info a .csv file in excel, entering the data in one cell as: id, lat, long, and named the file the correct convention, ie Schedule_XXBLAHBLAHXX

The when I click on Import it says problem with BoatId.csv.  I've messed about with this for a couple of hours now and have had no joy, any hints or tips to be able to update the positions using these features?

Thanks

Phil

6/01/2016 12:03 pm  #2

Re: Race Schedules

Maybe post a sample from BoatId.csv?

6/02/2016 1:38 am  #3

Hi Nick, Sally sorted me out tonight.  When she created the .csv file she imported it as delimited, and the data came up in two columns, boat ID in one, and name in the other.  Worked first pop.

What I was doing was copy and pasting the info as downloaded from YB, which went into the spread sheet in one column (id,boatname).  I then saved it as a .csv but it wouldn't work.  All fixed now!

6/02/2016 1:16 pm  #4

For the Fiji race, just use the YB Tracking button on Exp's Sail panel.
 ​Else, just download the files from ​http://yb.tl/Links/sailfiji2016 

1/03/2018 1:09 pm  #5

Morning All, its been a long long time since I did any work with tracking and Expedition, and I've run into the same problem I had nearly two years ago - a BoatId error.

I was following Peter Islers Facebook video during the Sydney to Hobart and decided I'd try and track the boats for fun.  I have no problem using the Auto Yellow Brick Features, and that worked fine.  But what I wanted to do was manually import the reports from a text file as if I was at sea on the boat, and could only get them via email.

Screen shot attached of my error, and my BoatsId.csv file.  I think I'm having issues here.  And I've also attached a screen shot of what I was trying to do from Peters Video.  And finally theres a position report I was trying to manually import.  

I hope this makes some kind of sense!

Phil

Board footera