Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2016 10:04 pm  #1

Possible features?

Hi Nick et al.
Here a few questions regarding some settings in Expedition. Didn't find any answer to these points so I put it in the "suggestion box" in case these settings don't exist.

-Is it possible to add arrows/arrowheads on the different legs of a route, showing the direction to go (as in iSailor and Adrena)? Right now we are doing races between several marks which gives quite a messy route with many lines going here and there and across each other. A small arrowhead or so on each leg/course would really simplify the view.

-Is there a way to "inactivate" a course? If I e.g choose a course as active, and then don't want to see it on the chart anymore, but at the same time I don't want to delete it from the Courses/routes list in Mark management. How to do? I know I can begin building a new route and then delete this one, but it is a bit cumbersome.

-Is there a way to show winds from different models at the same time? (E.g as in Squid). This would be valuable for a quick comparison of models..

2/26/2016 12:09 am  #2

Re: Possible features?

Hello,​
1. Will look at the arrows idea.
​2. You can just create a different course. The old ones remain, but are inactive. You can rename them etc.
3. Yes, use the ensemble weather display option. You can colour each model differently.
Nick 

2/27/2016 2:33 am  #3

Re: Possible features?

Thank you, 
Regarding point 3: It seems like the models 'Meteo France Arpege' and 'Meteo France Arome' are treated as the same model although they are not. Would it be possible to separate them so that one can compare the two through the ensemble-view? Also, it is sometimes interesting to compare the same model but from different model runs. Would this be possible e.g. by simply treating every file in the grib file list in Weather Settings as "different models"?
thanks 

Board footera