Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2019 12:34 pm  #1

Editing number boxes

I can no longer edit number boxes on the ship's laptop (Toshiba Toughbook CF-19, getting long in the tooth).  Left click on the top row of any set of number boxes, any state, simply doesn't do anything at all.  On other devices, other licenses, this works fine.  All just upgraded to 10.10.8, no difference.  Left click seems to work as normal elsewhere.  I am using a finger pad.
Delete all the *.ex3 files out of States?  What a pain to put back!

3/15/2019 1:53 pm  #2

Re: Editing number boxes

Right-click.

3/15/2019 2:54 pm  #3

Sorry, incomplete first moan.  Right click at the top of the Number box shows Docking, floating etc.  Right click in the number box (on any one of the present variables) allows me to colour, damp etc, but neither add nor remove.  The left hand side of the dialogue which is made available via Number Box Edit icon (the Remove/Shuffle Up etc pane) doesn't show with right click.
Left click on the top only changes the box from docked to floating - on this PC only.

3/16/2019 4:31 am  #4

Duncan,
Did you check Control Panel/Mouse/Button/ Right Handed  settings?
Just a wild ass stab!  :-))
E

3/16/2019 12:25 pm  #5

Probably you need to re-size the window of the number boxes a bit. Then left-click in the wind at a place we no number box is located (the "white space" in the number box window).  This will display the icons at the top of the number box window.

3/16/2019 1:13 pm  #6

Zee gets The Gig Gold Star of the week!  That works.  Perhaps the VersaPad on the ToughBook is getting cranky in old age, I understand that.

3/17/2019 12:18 am  #7

Glad to see it works Duncan!   (despite the many auto-correct typo's in my previous post ;-) 

3/17/2019 2:40 am  #8

Zee, is OK.  I appreciate the support.  None of us a are perfect about the typing thing ..... not Core Business.  Whoever invented this QWERTY keyboard thing anyway?

Board footera