Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2019 2:45 pm  #1

NMEA Data no longer showing in number boxes?

Not sure what happened in my environment but I used to have the NMEA data, BSP,AWA,AWS, COG, etc displaying in number boxes.  Now nothing is displaying.  My AIS data is still displaying.  I did look in the raw data and i do see the 0183 strings and if I look in the log files i also see the data, it's just not displaying in the data boxes.   I also did check the network connections and I do see that the NMEA settings is set to include all NMEA strings.  I am using windows 10 on a Surface.  I have a Vasper XB8000 that is receiving the NMEA data from the chart plotter.  This still seems to be working.  In looking at the raw data, I still see the NMEA sentences.
I am also on 10.10.7
What am  I missing?

3/14/2019 4:10 pm  #2

Re: NMEA Data no longer showing in number boxes?

Maybe you are sending the data to a boat not zero in the instrument interface or the number boxes are for boat 1 or greater rather than zero?

3/15/2019 6:20 am  #3

Thanks Nick!  It looks like that is the case.  it was set to boat 1 not zero.  I'll test later today on the boat.  Ill keep you posted.

3/15/2019 10:51 am  #4

That was it, somehow I had the wrong boat ID selected. Changed back to boat 0 and its now working as expected.
Thanks!

Board footera