Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/11/2016 3:52 pm  #1

PC Purchase for Expitdition?

I was talking to a Expedition reseller about my desire to purchase the software. I am a Mac user and he advised me that if I want best results I should have a PC with Windows 10. I am happy to purchase one if that will give me best results with Expidition. What I don't know is the the amount of memory I need and the size of the hard drive. Also the graphic requirements.
Can someone kindly provide me with some input? Thank you in advance for your help.

2/16/2016 7:26 am  #2

Re: PC Purchase for Expitdition?

We are using a pair of Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 ultrabooks for Expedition. I believe we are running 8 GB of RAM with a 256 GB SSD.

The graphics are handed through an integrated card, and we have no issues.

2/19/2016 5:36 pm  #3

Re: PC Purchase for Expitdition?

I boot camp my macbook pro with no problem.  see other post about using Macs.
If it is protected it will be fine,  Just find what ever usb device you need to connect to you boat systems.

But if you want rugged go with a Panasonic Toughbook or Dells rugged line, refurbs are pretty cheap,  there are semi-rugged (splash resistant)  and fully rugged ( full dowse resistant) ,  so pick the one that fits.  Fully water proof tablets are available too.  I plan on remote desktop to Ipad in a full water proof LifeProof case. 

Board footera