Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2018 5:26 am  #11

Re: H5000 Waypoints

i guess nick is saying that a mark pinged in zeus and identified in the zeus as a start line end will be sent to expedition as a start line mark with websocket over gofree.

i will try that and see what i get.

however, I have found that with a NMEA connection over gofree to H5000, a waypoint made active on the zeus plotter is sent to expedition, and it becomes active in expedition - i guess you have to have "nmea sentences to receive" correctly configured.

it is in a mark folder called "nmea"

in fact, it was a bit annoying, because i couldn't deactivate the mark in expediton  (i.e. make another route active), without deleting it.

to get the start line to exp, the helm could just ping an end in zeus, navigate to it, and then when you see the mark in exp just use the right-click "set" function to make it whichever end of the line it is.., then do the same at the other end.

I never got any marks from zeus when using a websocket connection, but we never used the start mark function in zeus.

3/01/2018 10:57 am  #12

When you set the line ends in Exp, it also sends them to H5.

A near? H5 firmware update will accept the nav information from Exp.

3/03/2018 3:41 am  #13

Z
Re: " Does anyone know if there is a way to get the H5000 to recognize the expedition waypoint as its own.  ...?  "

I haven't tried it yet; but it's been on my list to try moving waypoints and routes using an SD card...worth a try.
Ernie

3/03/2018 4:46 am  #14

i've done it with a USB stick to the zeus - but some of the zeus plotters don't have USB ports now

3/03/2018 5:56 am  #15

Right..our Zeus's only take  sd card but even if your home pc only takes usb, there are lots of adapters available to plug the sd card into a usb port.  Load the sd card then take it to the boat and plug in..voila!
Well that's the theory anyway! :-))
E

12/04/2018 3:29 pm  #16

Downloaded & installed latest verion of Expedition but every time I try to open it I get a Sysytem Error .... "The code execution cannot proceed because cm Win32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this"

Well, reinstalling does not fix it. Nor does rebooting. What do i do? 

12/04/2018 11:55 pm  #17

That is the C-map dll. Possibly the Windows installer has got messed up. I would suggest trying the Microsoft fix-it uninstaller, linked on the Exp download page.

Board footera