Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2016 10:17 am  #1

Yellowbrick tracking

I installed the update for 10.2.17.0  easy as could be!

under 'SAIL' I used YB dialog to enter 'rolexs2h2015'
the boatlist now includes all the s2h boats
on the`'Weather' tab I set the time and hit the animate button, it starts clocking from Dec 25, 2015 on
BUT no boat positions appear.  Did I skip a step?
Am I wrong in assuming I will be able to see the latest positions from YB?

I read the pdf but can't find a definitive answer

Can anyone help?

2/12/2016 11:45 am  #2

Re: Yellowbrick tracking

You probably just have the final position

2/12/2016 12:21 pm  #3

Nick,
I have a feeling I'm not doing something with the time issue
or
my boat is not in the race
Could it be

2/13/2016 10:35 pm  #4

Ernie
I've never tried what you are - I think - trying to do, which is retrospectively use historic YB data to display yacht tracks, in this case last December's SH.

If I am right, you'd have to have a whole series of YB files, which you would have had to collect during the race.  If you tried now, all you'd get is the last positions before the trackers were collected and switched off in Constitution Dock (i.e.Hobart).
I have a bunch of the YB txt files for the first 24 hours, but then we busted the owner and turned for home.  Bugger.

2/14/2016 5:26 pm  #5

Duncan,
Your point sounds reasonable.  I did try to see if there was even one position either in Hobart or Sydney but nothing.  Nick Farrell, from YB, kindly gave me another link to a rowing race with some more active data (talisker2015).  In both cases the boat list loads up perfectly but no  data points for the locations.  If you get a chance plug that into the YB Tracking window, take note of which boxes you tick and let me know if it works.  I did look at Windows Explore and the txt files are downloading so I'm pretty sure it's something I am doing wrong.
And, anyone out there who has done this chime in.
Cheers

2/14/2016 7:48 pm  #6

Exactly - the data from the YB tracker only contains the latest positions, so you need to get a sequence of them.

Make sure you have one boat set to be the reference boat. All positions, bearing etc are to this.

To draw on the chart, tell Exp to do that in Display settings. The positions on the tracks are interpolated to the display time.

​There is probably a NorthU module.

2/15/2016 2:29 am  #7

Nick,
I get that... but why doesn't that one position present on the screen?

How do I turn that on; which Display setting?

2/15/2016 11:02 am  #8

Race scheds
​Race sched tracks  

2/15/2016 12:45 pm  #9

Nick,
It was easier with two positions as they bracket more time and create the track line.
The other problem I didn't notice, is on the boat list My Boat was ticked but the YB boat was not.
Thank you!

Board footera