Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/23/2018 9:55 am  #1

GreatCircle.xml file

it seems like the greatcircle,xml file in the config folder gets overwritten sometimes, so that it no longer has all the model options available.
this appears to happen when you select "update models" - i think maybe it looks at your subscription and gets rid of options for which you don't have access.
does anyone know if this is what happens?
it might happen for other reasons too.
anyway, in my case, i think it got rid of a model i do have access to.
i was thinking t might be helpful if there was a complete version of the file on the expedition downloads page.

10/23/2018 11:39 am  #2

Re: GreatCircle.xml file

Yes, that is what happens. The Update models button updates the xml file from GC with the latest they provide for you with all your model areas.

It is specific to each GC user.

10/23/2018 12:56 pm  #3

but mine is missing something i have access to - the EC model
I can get the EC in their application Squid X, so the account is good for the EC
what happens is that in expedition the only EC options are the EC wave model, and the EC ensemble (which I understand is not being provided anymore)
the option for EC 10m winds, mslp, and so on is not in the column on the left - i think it's supposed to be "ECMWF-GC"
i guess i can try to edit the xml file, add it, and see what happens...

10/23/2018 1:10 pm  #4

ok - so i checked - all the EC options are in the XML file, but for some reason, they just don't appear as options in the dialog box, so i can't download them in expedition.
as i said, i can get them in squid x, so the acct is okay

Last edited by us7070 (10/23/2018 1:10 pm)

10/23/2018 8:07 pm  #5

Mine show the EC options, so I would need to see your xml file from GC to make any comment.

The updated file is the one in the Exp data folder.

Last edited by Nick (10/24/2018 1:05 am)

Board footera