Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/03/2018 1:02 pm  #1

Matching grib and satelite images

I'm trying to match the GFS grib with satelite images over the pacific, overlaying the NOAA GOES TPAC satelite image from UTC 20:15 it's almost a perfect match between the grib storm and the clouds, using the Aviation weather satelite ICAO A for UTC 20:15 - the storm is far away from the clouds, do I need to align it in some way? Or how can the satelite images from the same minute differ so much?

10/03/2018 1:10 pm  #2

Re: Matching grib and satelite images

Using Aviation weather satelite ICAO even land/ sea country borders are missaligned with the c-map chart when a switch in between

10/03/2018 5:12 pm  #3

The Aviation images do appear to have changed. I know they weren't available for a while.

Have re-done the geo-referencing for the new AviationWetaher.gov images for the next update.

You could just use the NOAA GOES options

10/04/2018 2:16 am  #4

Super - thanks for the reply and the super quick fix - impressed 

10/07/2018 7:21 pm  #5

Update posted with support for the new aviationweather images.

4/27/2019 10:06 am  #6

How do I hide the currently displayed weather image without deleting it from the DB? My goal is to overlay the NOAA OPC chart to compare with the GFS model and then to hide the weather image while working on routing via GFS or PWE.  

4/27/2019 1:15 pm  #7

You could just right-click and then select a chart?

4/27/2019 1:23 pm  #8

Is there any reason you can't use Charts Tab/Toggle ?

Board footera