Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/29/2018 12:10 pm  #1

Jumpy Bsp

Hi. I´m new to Expedition and are adopting my navsystem to take benefit off all of Expeditions great features.
The system itself is quite good calibrated (speed, wind etc).

The thing is when i read the Bsp in Expedition it´s really jumpy. Sometimes it records proper number then it drops to zero. I can´t see any logic when it drops or not.
Does anyone have a clue?

The system is a N2K network  with an Actisense NGT1 connected to the computer.

Kind Regards Tobias

5/29/2018 1:01 pm  #2

Re: Jumpy Bsp

Are there any other bsp sources from the NMEA 2000? You might be able to see in the Exp raw data window.

5/31/2018 10:42 am  #3

Hi. Thank you for the reply.
No I couldn´t see any other sources in Raw data other then "Speed" which i suppose is Bsp.

6/13/2018 12:13 am  #4

Hi again. I think i solved it. I had set the content (log) folder as a Dropboxfolder so the data would be available online. When Exp writes logdata and Dropbox sync it probably generates a lag.

6/14/2018 7:25 am  #5

Hi, I doubt that this rellay will solve your problem. Is the Actisense connected to a Raymarine system? I had the same issue. Disabling PGN 130578 (Boat Speed Components) either in Expedition or Actisense NMEA Reader helped in my case. 

6/14/2018 8:31 am  #6

Hi. Yes. Some of the units are Raymarine. When you say it, i actually unchecked the boat speed components in NMEA Reader. When i become frustrated i press lots of buttons 😀.

A big thanks for the clarification!y

6/14/2018 11:48 am  #7

Unchecking things in NMEA Reader won't affect Exp. You would need to disable the PGN in Expedition.

6/18/2018 8:45 am  #8

Nick,
is Expedition actively configuring the Actisense interface? I was of the impression that by clicking on "apply" within NMEA Reader those settings are stored in the interface's hardware? 

6/18/2018 2:05 pm  #9

Yes, every app that uses it at least sets the Rx & Tx properties

Board footera