Expedition Expedition Navigation Software

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/25/2018 9:13 am  #1

Sending course (and marks) to deck-screen

Hey,

I am running a handheld PC on deck with its own Expedition. Instead of VNCing into the nav laptop downstairs, I forward all data UDP to the handheld. All is working perfectly fine and I really like the setup which - unlike VNC - has no lag and is easier to use (zoom, drag, ...)

One thing though I am missing:
Is there a simple and quick way to send the course and active mark to the handheld? I DO NOT mean as data to a number box (that's easy). I mean to actually send the course itself as in: Create a course on the laptop downstairs, then send with one click to handheld on deck.

Cheers
vm

5/25/2018 1:58 pm  #2

Re: Sending course (and marks) to deck-screen

Is this with the Exp protocol?

There isn't at present. The Exp protocol supports it as I added it for Ventus, but haven't got around to adding it to Exp.

Have just enabled it in Exp. It will be available in thenext update (Export:Instruments on the Marks ribbon panel)

Last edited by Nick (5/25/2018 2:16 pm)

6/12/2018 4:07 am  #3

Looks great. Will verify next week.

6/24/2018 6:47 am  #4

Hi Nick,
works a treat. Thanks heaps!
One little suggestion for improvement: When you have multiple Expedition networks setup like we have (1 for Ventus and one to send to the deckscreen) then the "Export to instruments" pop up window on reads "...send to Net1" "...send to Net 2" …
It would be nice to use the network alias instead of "Net [1..n]".
Cheers
vm

6/24/2018 8:52 am  #5

So, will this work both ways?
If I have a nav station computer sending data and waypoint over an expedition network to a tablet.., and say i drag the mark to a new spot on the tablet, can the tablet send that new waypoint location to the nav computer?

6/24/2018 1:41 pm  #6

Yes, that is roughly how I tested it. I need to add a check-box at the receiving computer to not do anything with it

Board footera